What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benfits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from benefit providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more. To see a full list of benefit providers,click here to go to the national PTA website
Become a PTA member and join more than 5 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
Sunflower Elementary (Lenexa, KS) PTA Home
How does the Sunflower PTA help our children? At a state and national level, we are part of one of the largest child advocacy organizations in the country. In our school, we fund and organize activities and events that benefit our children at school, at home, and in our community.
Some of the programs we support are:
Cultural and Fine Arts Assemblies
Ice Cream Social
Staff and Teacher Appreciation
PTA Reflections Contest
Here are a few ways you can be involved:
Join the Sunflower PTA
Attend events at the school
Participate in school activities
Support fundraisers/make a donation
Volunteer on a committee
Chair a committee
Serve as a board member
We can't do this without you. Please consider getting involved! If there is anything we can help you with, please email us at email@example.com.